Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Taking a Look Back

Looking at my collection today I am pretty proud of how many games I've picked up. With plenty of Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, Sega, 32X, PS3, and NES games I have lost track of the total numbers in each category and how much I've spent to get this far (eek!). I found this photo I took at the beginning of my journey and to say my beginning was humble is an understatement. I think at the time this photo was taken (or slightly before it) I had about 10 Gamecube games I got for free (mostly junk titles), 7-8 SNES titles, 5 N64, and 2-3 NES titles. I progressively have been adding to my collection and I feel that I'm getting to relive my childhood within the context of being an adult that can afford to be excessive. At this point I do have a few regrets, namely focusing so much energy on the 32X, not going out more to get games (relying heavily on eBay), and buying some games based on price more than the quality of the game itself. After my 32X adventure is over I'd like to continue building up my SNES library, as well as start my focus on the N64 and NES (and get a top loader for this as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment