Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Progress Being Made

Since my last post I managed to get a new bookshelf that can hold a pretty sizable collection. Finding a decent bookshelf that is made out of real wood is quite a challenge! I ended up finding this Hemnes bookcase at IKEA, and for $150 it was a relative bargain. I know that I will outgrow it, but the beauty in this is that I can go out and buy another one for relatively little money.

When I got into my cycling hobby I sold off quite a few belongings to be able to afford the level of cycling gear I wanted. Among the things I sold were my original Voodoo 5 5500 PCI graphics card (a 3DFX relic), my black label copy of Final Fantasy, and many retro games. Since then I have been able to buy back what I sold with little to no loss of money, so I guess this was a sort of short term loan. What I learned from this experience is that collectors can be packrats, and to have a truly diverse and extensive collection you're going to need to have a lot of crap and very little money from buying it all. This will definitely become more organized with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment