Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Covers Coming Along

So I finally got the time to print my covers, trim them, re-trim them (they needed about 1-2mm sliced off), and mounted them in their cases. The end result so far is, in my opinion, really slick, and it helps me find all of my games that don't have end labels (or really hard to read end labels). I'm still missing several covers, but hopefully I'll find them in the requests forum on The Cover Project or I'll make them myself over the winter break.

The one thing I find a bit irritating is that the number of details in some of these spines requires that I reseat the covers and shift them up or down slightly to get that perfect alignment across the row. I know by most people's standards this is crazy, but it's all in the small details, right? I am beginning to run into the problem of running out of shelf space, or at least shelf space that will present everything neatly, so I'll be going through and shifting things around so that everything is neatly displayed in its respective section.

This project definitely wasn't cheap. So far between the shelving and lighting ($250), cases ($60), and prints ($100+) I am out quite a bit of money, and many would argue that that money could have been spent on more games, but what's the point in having the games if you can't neatly store them, protect them, and admire them on the shelf when they're not in use?

No comments:

Post a Comment