Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Game Over Games! Houston Edition

Game Over Games is an up-and-coming retro gaming franchise that's been making headway in central Texas. I visited their store in Round Rock and was somewhat impressed, although some of the prices were pretty high and all of the good stuff was in their "gaming museum." I found out that their main stores were in other parts of town and weren't too far away, but with grad school and two jobs I hadn't gotten around to visiting them.

I took a bit of time off to go to Houston for a weekend to visit a friend, and it turns out that there is a Game Over Games right off of Highway 59. This location was actually much larger than the Round Rock store, and many of the prices were rather reasonable. When buying games you have to ask yourself how much your time is worth. Between the time, gas, and frustration of dealing with finding good scores at flea markets and garage sales it often makes sense to pay a bit more and buy it from a store that has a good return policy, cleans the games, lets you test them, and needs your support to stay in business. While I was here I picked up two copies of the web browser for the Dreamcast (we all need that, right?) for a paltry $2, plus we got a discount for checking in via Facebook. Once I make another trip to Houston and have a better idea of what I want I'll be making another stop to pick up some more goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment