Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Shelving Redux: Part 2

In my previous post I had mentioned my struggle with finding shelving that I found to be satisfactory to my game collection. Shelves were either particleboard, really expensive, or had nagging flaws that kept me from fully enjoying them, including the IKEA Hemnes I had originally purchased. With one half width Hemnes purchased and built I decided that it was time to build out the second shelf, get lighting installed and wired, and start filling the shelf with content. The end result of this two shelf system is actually pretty neat if I do say so myself. The quality on these units is really good for the money and the "split" aspect of the shelves means that I can have different cubbies for different types of games, and I can adjust the height of the shelves to match each type of media. The lighting is also a really nice touch and lets me work at night without needing any kind of extra lamp. All in all I think that you'd be hard pressed to find a better solid-wood bookcase for the money. If you have an IKEA nearby and have a lot of wall space you can go crazy and buy 2, 3, or even 4 shelves to display your collection the way it's meant to be shown off.

No comments:

Post a Comment