Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ken Griffey Baseball: Good Idea, Bad Idea

This was my first outing at Half Price Books for video games. I had heard about their video games and decided to venture out to see what they had on hand. What I learned from the experience is that every Half Price is different in terms of their selection and pricing. The store located by my house has reasonable pricing, but horrible selection. Case in point: Ken Griffey Baseball. In hindsight paying $3 for a game you don't want simply because it's $3 is not smart, but I was able to secure a clean cartridge that I could cannibalize to clean up a good game with a bad backside.

What I also learned from this is that the North Lamar location in Austin has some of the best games, but they price based off of eBay and Amazon, which is silly because any loser can dictate that they want $XX for a game and all of the sudden that becomes the going price elsewhere. The Half Price on South Lamar is the farthest location from my house, but they have a killer selection and are priced stupid cheap. Mix that in with a 10% educator discount and you can't go wrong (minus the awful drive down the now-clogged Lamar).

No comments:

Post a Comment