Sunday, November 4, 2012

And Another Birthday Gift!

The funniest thing about this gift is that I was just thinking about how much this game bothered me as a child. Released in 1989 the world had no idea how something meant to be fun could be so frustrating. This game is so notorious for being challenging that even AVGN did a video for this. Regardless of this I had to have this game as a child and never got it, so no better time than the present (and a present it was).

I don't have much of a collection of NES games; in fact, I don't even know if my NES works anymore, and I need all of the connections for it. Ideally I would like to get a top loader, dog bone controller, and start up a decent NES collection with the usual black-box classics, Mario, Zelda, Tetris, R.O.B., Contra, etc. The reality is that real collecting and real gaming history started, for many, with the NES, so conquering that will be my next beast after I'm done with my 32X project and a few more SNES pickups.

Am I happy that I got the game? Yes! Am I happy that I have to relive the frustration? Umm....still yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment