Sunday, November 4, 2012

Birthday Gift!

So my friend Juan and I are big fans of fighting games. He likes the technical aspects of figuring out combos, mastering different fighters, and getting all of the optional costumes for the fighters (yes, the female fighters' costumes). Personally I am a fan of games that I can pick up and just play for a while to escape my busy life (hence why I like quick games). To me Rock Band and Guitar Hero were great escapes and helped me manage how much game time I was getting in. Fighting games are definitely no exception.

Although Juan and I love Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter (and to a lesser extent Marvel vs. Capcom and Blaz Blue) Juan decided to pick up the latest Tekken game for his birthday a few weeks ago. I wasn't a fan of the difficulty in become proficient in the game, as button mashing won't get you very far. Although characters can be blocky in their movement (no jumping, really?) it actually is a technical fighter, and a decent one at that. Juan decided to get me a copy for my birthday so that we could play it together and hopefully master it. Now to get my Xbox Live subscription updated...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. retro arcade videogame gift

    ReplyDelete