Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First Black Friday 2012 Pickup

So the first of my Black Friday pickups arrived today: Forza Horizon. I've been really wanting this game since it first was announced a few months ago, but didn't think it was really worth the $59.99 asking price. I felt that this should have really been an add-on to the game available via DLC or a cheaper disc (something like $29.99). I almost bought the game for the full price minus a $25 coupon at the Microsoft Store, but was fortunate enough to get this for $15 shipped during Microsoft's Black Friday sale. What's more is that the game was later discounted to $10! At that price who can argue with picking up a copy (I think that's cheaper than previous iterations of Forza)?

As for the game itself, I really like it so far. I like the open environment, as it is reminiscent of the Need for Speed games of the past. One of my biggest gripes about today's driving simulators, especially GT5, is how much work they are. GT5's home console is absolutely overwhelming and it takes so much work just to jump into a race. This game allows you to cruise around for fun, which is something I can totally go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment