Tuesday, November 13, 2012

CIB Zelda!!

Complete in box Zelda? Complete in box Zelda!? Yes, complete in box Zelda.

While that may not be a big deal for some of you out there (if you are out there), for me this has been the unicorn of video games. I played it a few times as a kid, but wasn't very good at it due to the limited time I had with the game. I do remember so many things about the game, including the title screen, the gold-ness of the cart, the difficulty of the game. If I had to pick a word it would be "enamored." Since that time I've been wanting a copy, but a variety of issues have come up. At first I had a no NES at all, then a non-functioning NES, then no money to pick a copy up off of eBay, then a copy was given to me in INCREDIBLY poor condition, and then I finally resigned to just waiting. I wasn't planning on picking this up, but the employee at Half Price informed me that they had just bought the copy off of a customer and hadn't even priced it yet. When I asked to see it I was presented with an almost MINT CIB copy of the game, and by almost mint I mean that the box had a bit of wear on the hinged flaps on top. The game, sleeve, manuals, everything...it was all in immaculate condition. The price? $30, but with my 50% off coupon I was able to run away with it for $16.23 after taxes. I just bought some video game box protectors (more on this secret later) specifically for this, so I'm super happy with the rejuvenation of my NES collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment