Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: All But One

As I child I missed out on some great games due to a lack of money/time/interest/knowledge of what was out there. One of these legendary games was Metal Gear Solid. Now sneaking-around types of games normally don't appeal to me (I loved Serious Sam like nobody's business), but I heard so many positive reviews of this game that I knew I would have to have it one day. When I heard that they were doing a re-release of the game in HD I was stoked, and the game instantly went to the top of my wishlist. For those who may or may not know my wishlist can get rather long, and often times I buy stuff that isn't even on the list, thus depriving the list of any sort of money. It just keeps growing.

As months rolled on the price of this game continued to drop. From $49.99 (ish) down to $34.99 down to $29.99 I kept getting lured in by this release until Best Buy posted a coupon that made this game $19.99. With $25 in Reward Zone certificates this was a no brainer, especially when purchased with Epic Mickey (which was $8). For roughly $3 out the door I walked away with two very good games. My only regret is that Konami didn't release the original MGS for the PSX on this disc. Now I know they didn't remaster it in HD for a variety of reasons, but I would have gladly taken the game as is on a modern disc. Oh well, one more game to go hunting for....

No comments:

Post a Comment