Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Houston Pickup!

Houston is a really big city. I know this because I grew up there for several years. In a city this big there are bound to be some good deals, especially without Goodwill being money hungry and auctioning anything of real value. Since I was in Houston for a wedding celebration my time was pretty limited, so I hit up my favorite spot for games: Half Price Books.

Located in Rice Village, I figured that this location may have some treats given the affluent population that lives in the area and frequents the store. Man, was I RIGHT. CIB Odyssey 2 games, Neo Geo games, and some pretty decent SNES titles were right there in the case. Unforuntately the Neo Geo titles were priced pretty high ($40-60) and I wasn't even sure how I'd play them. The Odyssey 2 games were in outstanding shape, but I don't own the console and have no intention of collecting games for a console I don't own (yet). When I checked eBay the going rate for a CIB Odyssey 2 game was the same as in the store, so I wasn't really saving much. After perusing their selection of SNES games I decided on Animaniacs, since the game itself is pretty good and ranked among the better SNES titles (which is saying a lot). $7 out the door and we had a done deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment