Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Another Infatuation...Video Game Box Protectors!

Watching Pat the NES Punk's videos I can't help but try to peek at the expansive collection in the background. With pretty much the entire NES library in the background one has to think that he's protecting a very expensive collection in some sort of way. I remember seeing that his CIB NES games were encased in some sort of plastic, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

During Half Price Books' insane "Halfy Days" holiday sale I ran into a local collector (discussed in prior entries) and he mentioned an eBay seller known as "Keep em' Minty." This eBay seller sold the exact video game box protectors I had seen in the past, and as it turns out they have a website, too. I ordered a bunch of boxes for my loose NES carts, CIB Zelda, dual disc games such as Shenmue and Final Fantasy, long boxes (PS1 and Sega CD), box protectors for my 32X games, and even a box protector for my sealed copy of Speed on VHS (ridiculous, I know).

Let me just say that these boxes are an OCD person's DREAM. Super cheap, relatively durable, clear, glossy, and perfect. These things add so much pop to a shelf and do a decent job of protecting the games as well. I will be ordering more for the rest of my longbox games, a few more 32X boxes, and my Gameboy boxes (they were out of stock). Check them out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment