Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Finally Got This One Back

After months and months of not having this game (thanks to Juan) I finally was able to get it back before the Thanksgiving break. Juan, being the weird guy he is, owns a parrot and he (the parrot, not Juan) has the tendency to peck at anything shiny and worth money, including game cases. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, to me, still remains a mystery, despite the fact that I'm happy to have it back.

For starters, it's hard to believe that this game was originally released on a portable platform before being ported to the Wii (normally this is the reverse). It's also hard to believe how many spinoffs have resulted from this: Wii bundles, themed Wiis, a sequel exclusive to the 3DS, themed merchandise, etc. What really gets me, though, is how this game has never fluctuated in price. I paid $49.99 for it when it was first released and to this day it still retails for this exact price. I know that some games just never come down in price, such as Smash Bros., but is this the same caliber of classic game? Another thing that bothers me about this game is the red jewel case. Some people may think this is nifty as hell, but I hate that it sticks out like a sore thumb on the shelf, and lord knows this will be a royal pain to replace if it ever breaks in the future. Rant ASIDE I still enjoyed this game for what it was and am happy to have it back (all $50 of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment