Monday, November 5, 2012

Custom Covers are a Chore!

So in my previous post I mentioned that Sega's lack of standards in game case labels was frustrating, particularly for the collector who is OCD and trying to build up a collection that looks like a library (which it sort of is). Now normally with a little (or a lot) of Photoshop work I can take most retail scans and convert them into a "vertical red" format, but we hit a bit of a roadblock when there is no original cover scan.

I snagged a Sega Genesis Game Genie for $3 from Half Price books and I have been trying to track down a cover for it for a very long time. Anyone who bought one of these new knows that they came in a chintzy cardboard box that most people threw away. To find a high-resolution, 300dpi scan with no creases or artifacts is next to impossible, but sure enough I tracked one down. Some of the text needed redoing because of the width restrictions of the template I use, but alas, it is now done and is probably the only Shenske-themed Game Genie cover out there. Now to submit it to TheCoverProject.net...

No comments:

Post a Comment