Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cleaning Tips!

So I went to Fry's the other day to pick up a new TV and while I was there I wanted to pick up some DeOxit contact cleaner for my game carts. When I saw the number of varieties of DeOxit and the prices for each I got a bit turned off and decided to look into other options. I've been using 90% isopropyl for a while now with great success, and it's so readily available and cheap that I figured I'd just re-up. I decided to go a bit extra-hardcore and get the 99.9% isopropyl alcohol that has basically zero water in it, so we'll see how this cleans compared to what I've been using.

A word of caution. Actually several. This stuff smells, so do it in an open area and take breaks. Make sure you use some q-tips and test it out on an inconspicuous area of plastic before trying to clean sticker residue with it. For the most part it seems to do no damage to any kind of game cart plastic I've come across, but you never know. This will damage plastic on TV sets, so be aware of that. Lastly, I'm not responsible for anything bad that can happen, so stay keen and safe, and most importantly have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment