Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Space Harrier!

Buying this game was a bit of an usual process for me. I've been trying to find a clean copy of the game (which isn't the easiest to do for cheap) and finally found this on eBay. The price was right, but it was an auction that would be ending while I was in spin class on Saturday morning. Normally I'd put off what I was doing for a quick snipe, but I didn't want to miss my class or risk losing this auction, so I tried something a little different.

I have used a tool called AuctionSniper in the past with great success. For those of you who are unfamiliar with AuctionSniper, it is a service that allows for you to "snipe" eBay auctions and it works rather well. To use it you simply sign up for an account, input your eBay credentials (they're safe), then you put your auction numbers into the tool, type in your maximum bid for each, lead time (how many seconds before the end you want to snipe) and you're ready to go. It isn't free, but their sales pitch is that the money you'll be saving by sniping at the last second more than offsets the cost (plus you're winning that rare item). The site gives you three free snipes, which I'm now out of, so I might have to actually pay up for this service (I think it's worth it).

Onto the game itself, I haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard and seen this is a really fun game and a classic (given that it was on the Master System). I think it's actually really cool that something from the Master System-era made a comeback on the 32X, and it's really a shame that this comeback was thwarted by the 32X's short life. Here's to hoping that this isn't a let down to the system or franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment