Sunday, November 4, 2012

Wall Mount Time

I have gathered together a pretty decent assortment of games to play, but as I mentioned in my post on testing the 32X out, I never actually get to play my games. Working two jobs, going to grad school full-time, owning a house, and family obligations keep me pretty busy, but even with the limited time I have I don't actually have a monitor/TV to play my games on. Shopping around at Best Buy it was apparent to me that most TVs were super light (which is nice), energy efficient, cheap(!), but had almost no inputs on the back. There were a few HDMI, sure, and HDMI is awesome (it really is), but there was no s-video, no composite, just one component, no DVI, VGA, optical, etc. A lot of those connections may be superfluous, but having options is nice, especially with older gaming consoles.

The only solution, to me, was to either purchase a CRT (like a real retro-gamer) or to obtain an older LCD. I bought an LG 32" LCD when I first started working out of college for a paltry $1,300 and still have it in my bedroom. A beast weighing in at 50 lbs with the stand this TV has all of the inputs I wanted, plus the nostalgia of being my very first LCD TV. I ended up buying a 37"Samsung LED TV for my bedroom and hung this beast up in my office. I am a bit apprehensive about the whole deal (to say the least), as I'm always scared this thing will come off the wall and smash all my things, but so far things are looking good. :)


1 comment:

  1. It just crashed on top of your bookcase now...RIP nostalgic TV and nice things underneath. haha :)

    ReplyDelete